We are focused on protecting the security of our site guests; this strategy sets out how we will treat your own data.
1. What kind of data do we gather?
The following types of personal data may be collected, stored, and used by us:
- details about your computer and your visits to and usage of this website (including your IP address, geographical area, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and number of page views);
- information you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or requesting cost/service information (including name and contact details, organisation details – location, scale, scope of operation, management system details);
- information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email updates, and/or newsletters (including name and contact information, organisation details – location, scale, scope of operation, management system details);
- some additional details you want to give to us
A cookie is a piece of data sent from a web server to a web browser and stored there. - when the browser requests a page from the server, the information is sent back to the server. This allows the web server to monitor and classify the web browser.
You will fail to accept cookies in most browsers. (In Internet Explorer, for example, you can reject all cookies by going to "Tools," "Internet Options," "Privacy," and using the sliding slider to pick "Block all cookies.") However, this could negatively affect the accessibility of certain websites.
3. Making use of your contact information
Personal information submitted on this website will be used for the reasons stated in this privacy statement or in other related sections of the website.
We can use your personal details for the following purposes:
- Maintain the website;
- Personalise the website for a better surfing experience;
- Allow you to make use of the website's services;
- Upon your order, provide you with additional information/cost data about our services;
- Bring you general commercial messages (non-marketing);
- Give you email updates that you have requested;
- Give you marketing communications about our company [or the businesses of carefully chosen third parties] that we believe might be of concern to you via post or, if you have expressly decided, by email or related technologies (you can notify us at any time if you no longer need marketing communications);
- Respond to inquiries and questions about the website made by or about you;
- We will publish and otherwise use personal information that you apply for publication on our website in compliance with the license you give us.
We would not share your personal information with any third party for the purpose of direct marketing without your express permission.
Furthermore, we can reveal the following details about you:
- to the degree that we are required to do so by law;
- in accordance with any legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings;
- in order to define, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction);
- to any buyer (or potential buyer) of any company or commodity that we are (or are considering selling).
- We will not share your information with third parties unless otherwise stated in this privacy statement.
5. Data transfers between countries
The information you provide will be passed on to the Certification International representative office in your region. Some of these countries which lack data privacy regulations that are comparable to those in place in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
You fully consent to such personal data transfers.
6. Security of your personal information
To avoid the deletion, misuse, or modification of your personal details, we will take appropriate technological and organizational measures.
The information you have will be stored on our encrypted (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic transfers between you and us will be secured [using SSL technology].
Of course, data transmitted over the internet is potentially vulnerable, and we cannot ensure that data transmitted over the internet is safe.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and user information. Your password would not be requested.
7. Policy changes
Changes to our privacy policies can even be communicated to you by email.
8. Your rights
You have the right to request any sensitive details we have on you. Payment of a fee (currently set at £10.00) may be required in order to obtain such material. You can tell us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by sending us an email. (In fact, you would either directly commit in writing to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes or you will be given the option to opt-out of such use.)
9. Websites operated by third parties
10. Correcting or updating personal details
Please let us know if any of the personal information we have about you needs to be changed or corrected.
11. Contact us
12. Data controller
You can reach our data controller responsible for the website using email@example.com
Our data protection registration number is Z8049122.